I did a lot better this time around, I had a figure of around $4000 bucks to spend in my head, and the Epic 80/800 all from the factory outlet cost $4400. Not bad.

Expecially not bad considering my last HT debacle. I had a 36 inch TV in my basement that I wanted to upgrade to a big screen. I saw where our company gave discounts on a certain brand, I think it was perhaps Sharp or Zenith? Anyway, so I started looking at getting a 50 inch rear projection, that would cost $2000 bucks with my company discount. But then when I went down to HH Greggs (I'd been doing all my shopping online to that point) to actually see the TV in person, I fell for a Toshiba 65" rear projection that cost $3500. Then I decided to update my reciever from the crappy Sony thing (that came in one of those 'rack systems' they sold at Sears... A reciever, dual tape deck, CD player & two tower speakers for $400 bucks) I had to something better... well after scouring the internet I finally talked myself into the Denon 4802 that I currently still own, for a mere $2200 bucks (I say mere because it listed for over $3000 dollars on Denon's webste, but after endless nights searching for the best deal I could get, I found it for $2200... How could I NOT take advantage of such a deal, right?). Then came the 9 piece surround sound, wires (back then I fell for Monsters propaganda hook, line & sinker... I had over $1000 dollars in the wire, cables & of course their premium power conditioner. So 50% of my ORIGINAL budget I gave to Monster. Oh yeah, color me stupid), new DVD player, yada yada... All told my initial $2000 dollar budget ended up being a $9000 dollar home theater.

Which I enjoyed for years mind you, but let's just say the wife wasn't impressed with my lack of discipline for quite some time! \:\(

P.S. Of all my purchases, the Denon really did knock my socks off!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD