Originally Posted By: RickF
The Band of Brothers miniseries is by far my favorite set of DVDs in our collection and from watching the trailers it looks like The Pacific is going to be right there with them. Man 'o man what a nice collection these two sets of miniseries will be in Blu-Ray.

I'm with you Rick. By far, my favorite set of DVDs and maybe even my favorite WWII video experience (tough call). It does look like The Pacific will be equally terrific. I know my expectations are high and that scares me a little. It's not that I've seen a lot of "the greatest miniseries in TV history" hype or anything. It's just that I loved and was so impressed by BOB; my interest in the Pacific theater has always been stronger than my interest in the European theater; and I've been hearing about The Pacific for so long that I fear my expectations are unrealistic. Time will tell.

Originally Posted By: RickF
Looks like I'm with you Jack, since we don't have HBO or any premium movie channels I'll wait until the series makes it's way to Blu-Ray and then watch 'em ... if I live long enough.

I suspect HBO will rerun the series before the DVDs are released and it will be interesting to see how quickly (slowly?) after the initial showing the series is rerun. Then it will be interesting to see how quickly (slowly?) the DVDs are released after the rerun. If the series is as revered as BOB, shoot, they could release the DVDs right away. Assuming The Pacific is anywhere near the level of BOB, I know, whether I see it on HBO or not, I'll be buying the blu-ray DVDs.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton