Originally Posted By: wordgasm
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Any updates on your issue here wordgasm?

Nope just haven't got to it yet. I got new QS8s last night so I will probably just wait till Saturday, fish the rear walls and move my QS4s to the rears, hang the QS8s and then setup everything and re-calibrate and tackle the sub issue.

Thanks for asking

Well today I got off me butt.

Installed the QS8s, moved the QS4s to the rears and fished the walls. I also I also moved the sub feed from the front wall to the rear wall and re-fished it and relocated the sub.

Then I ran Audyssey. 3 times. First time with SW vol set at 2 oclock. Audyssey set it at -12db, then at 12:00 oclock, set at -6.5 db, then at 10 oclock, set at -2.0 db. I watched a couple scenes and reset the sub at +2.0db

I have my LFE's back! (I'm going to have to weather strip the closet door it that room to keep it from rattling)

It's probably sounding perfect, I think I'm just not hearing the boominess I was use to with the other sub.

Audessey gave me the following settings, any thoughts and if so, the reasoning behind it.

(I have to run Audyssey with a cable extension, so ABOUT 40', the Audyssey guy says this is a no-no, "rolls off the highs", but it will have to do for right now.

SW: Yes
Fronts: 100
Centers: 80 (W150 above, W100 below)
Surrounds: 150 (is this too high?)
Rear Surrounds 120
Rear S Chls: 2
LPF to LPE: 120

If I want to adjust the sub some more, should I adjust it thru the receiver or with the sub volume?

Thanks

Last edited by wordgasm; 03/20/10 09:54 PM.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008