Originally Posted By: Dr.House
 Originally Posted By: wordgasm
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Audyssey/auto calibration setup crossed your surrounds to high. What are the trim levels set for your speakers?

You should try disabling audyssey and crossing your mains at 80hz, centre channels to 80hz, QS8's to 80hz or 90hz and your QS4's to 90hz or 100hz. Adjust the sub (using the subwoofers volume control in accordance to the +2 setting on your receiver) to your liking and double check your speakers trim levels, speakers set to small etc and play some material through these settings and hear if there is a difference to your liking. Just remember to disable audyssey before doing all this.

Sorry your dealing with a newb. What is the trim level.

On my Onkyo, besides the hertz, the speakers are set at:

Right / Left

Fronts: -4.5/-4.5
Center(s): -7
Surrounds: -8.0/-6.0
Surrounds Rear: -2.5/-1.0

Speaker Setting: Normal/6 ohm (only choises are 6 & 4 ohm)

Thanks

Thats the info I was looking for. You seem to be getting odd measurments with your QS8's (surrounds). The trim for the surrounds seem to be very low in comparison to the side surrounds same for the center channel. Are you having any trouble hearing dialogue on programs? These numbers that have been generated I would be suspect of.

No problem with dialog.... I thought maybe the reason for the low setting on that was having 2 centers. And it is a small room 11'w x 10.5'l.

The only other infomation I can add is that due to the available cable I have to run Audyssey, I'm running all 6 positions, but I can only move the mic about 2'. It reaches the main seating position (mine) and the one next to it... and thats all

Last edited by wordgasm; 03/20/10 11:02 PM.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008