Originally Posted By: wordgasm
 Originally Posted By: grunt
If you haven’t already I wouldn’t bother with a tripod for the Radio Shack meter it’s just not that sensitive. OTOH, a stand can be useful for the Audyssey mic but nothing fancy is needed. I just made a “T-Ball” style stand out of spare wood I had lying around.

I would aim the meter at the ceiling just make sure if you are holding it or standing near is not to stand between the meter and the speaker you’re measuring and don’t breath heavily on it might skew the reading and frankly it‘s a little strange. ;\)

I’m with Steve (Sroode) on the Audyssey issue. I’ve gone back to not using it as I’ve been doing a lot of tweaking and running Audyssey is a pain made even worse by adding height and wide speakers. I just use my Onkyo’s test tones and a tape measurer. I will try Audyssey again once I’ve got everything sounding the best I can without it.

1k on RF remotes. Makes me even happier my IR blasts through the curtains and French doors into the office with my equipment rack.

Well I got one of those little GorillaPods, wanted one for my camera anyway.

I ran Onkyo setup:

Equalizer:None
Speaker Distance: USed a tape measure
Set crossovers per Docs recommendations:

Front 80
Center 80
Surrounds 80
Rears 90
SW 120

And ran the pink noise setup: Set SW @ 12:00, O phase, SSF: 0ff CO: 120

Here are my new "trims"

Left: -0.5 (W22)
Center: -4.0 (W150 & W100)
Right: -1.5 (W22)
SR: -4.0 (QS8)
SBR +2.5 (QS4)
SBL +2.5 (QS4)
SL: -3.0 (QS8)
SW -.05 (EP500)

Watched some LFE scences, and bumped and SW volume at bit.. watched more and then went back into setup and bumped SW DB to 0.00.

I think I like it much better. Time will tell. (Next I'll have to pick a day to mess with the equalizer settings)

Thanks All

I have to say .... with adding the rears.. now nine cabinets and 31 drivers in that tiny room (11'w x 10.5 d) it looks like a boston cherry forest in there! I'll have to find a friend with a wide angle lens to show you the true impression.

There is no question what the room is all about!

Last edited by wordgasm; 03/21/10 09:25 PM.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008