This whole speaker thing is driving me nuts - most (all) of you seem rational about this sort of thing so no doubt have been through the ever twisting maze edging up and up the never ending cost incline.

Here is my latest chapter.

The super in our building looked at my floors and said no problem to hide the wires, worst case $100 to have prof carpet people fix it if things got kind of untucked.

Now I can look at surrounds without fear of wife. But what to get? A post by DANMAGICMAN7 compared QS4/8 and said no question the 8's are the only choice of the two. Actually could not find his post here but found a link on a dedicated Axiom thread at Blue-ray? Anyway, the 8's plus stand are $850+T.

Everybody seems to forget about stands around here and they are not cheap. Also QS stands are unique.

Now getting to the meat of the matter. The same DAN above also compared M60 and M22, great job BTW, and these are what I am considering at this point in the maze. My issue is cost now (lower) versus long term satisfaction and not having to tweak the whole system - just want to enjoy the sound.

Price wise the M60 is $900, the M22 are $424 + app $200 stands + $ app $600 sub = $1224. Sub is either Axiom 375?, Paradigm DSP3100 $575, or SVS PB10 $579 - any thoughts on which sub would be better? At this point the M60 is $300 cheaper but not sure full set up wise which is best.

In addition to all that - the dreaded center channel! I think we do need one as wife watches a lot of TV (Y&R, Corriestreet). If I lay the speaker beneath the stand on the credenza thingy I will have to lift the TV 2-3 inches, not a big deal but pain in the ass. What would fit and look good would be an M2 or M3 or VP100 ON END in the intended speaker compartment in the cabinet, vertical space is limited. Is this reasonable (especially the VP on end) and would any/all blend with either M60 or M22?

Receiver - I really have not looked at these and only mentioned Denon 1910 as this was in my original quote for $650. COSTCO has a Marantz SR 5004 for $700. Any thoughts or suggestions in this area?

I assume the speaker packages from Axiom do not include stands?

When I first started out looking at improving the sound from the TV and a music listening upgrade, I did not think it was a big deal. The first quote of $2000 really made me blink twice. Now it looks like I'm well beyond that especially with tax.

Really cannot stand the TV sound, so have to do something. Big issue for me seems to be M60 vs M22, surrounds should be in but what kind, and center - phantom or real. I think I am getting too caught up in all this so need some rational thinking from you.