I have spent time in all 4 major branches of the armed forces over a 30 year period and except for your depiction of the USAF you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Marines are not trained to “do things without question.” On the contrary from day one, hour one and quite literally minute one (the process of getting off the bus was a training tool) we were trained to think outside the box, plan ahead for contingencies and to understand that real world rules no longer applied to our actions. We did train to react to certain situations w/o question (immediate action drills) where seconds count. The analogy I try to explain this to people with is that of touch typing. Learning to keyboard doesn’t stop one from thinking about what’s being typed rather it uses a trained automatic response free up the mind to focus on or think about something else like reading what’s on a page being copied or composting thoughts in ones head. Likewise training drills ensure you’ll be doing something experience had shown productive toward survival in certain situations all the while thinking about what comes next after you survive shit-hitting-the-fan.

When Marines, soldiers . . . seem to be risking their lives w/o concern it’s almost always out of concern for their buddies something they’ve already thought long and hard over.

Originally Posted By: Hansang

I just get tired of liberal depiction of military types who are rabid baby killers, molesters, maniacal killers. I guess that's my net/net message.

Hear, hear!

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1