Last night, I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Huntsville for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. I got a better rate by calling the "main" number of Holiday Inn Express (1 800 315 2621) rather than the local hotel. Basically, the rate for this cancelable, refundable reservation is the same as if I did the pre-paid, non-cancelable rate ($133 CAD for Thursday and $156 CAD for Friday and Saturday) booked through the hotel itself.

It's a few dollars more than the Best Western, Comfort Inn, Econolodge or Motel 6 in the area, but the reviews are excellent and it has a breakfast buffet that I'll like (some hotels have it, some don't).

I was thinking that as we get closer, it might be handy to have a list of other Axiomites staying at various hotels. I know I can enjoy meeting up with people over the breakfast as well as the other stuff. I can make a list if people are interested in sharing the info.

I don't know that it could result in anything with the number of attendees that are going as of this point, but I talked to the desk at the HIE a few nights ago, and if we can book 20 rooms, we'll get a discount of probably $10 per night per room. I got the name of the person to contact there if others are interested in the HIE as well.

Hopefully any or all of this will be helpful to someone in their planning.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::