Originally Posted By: Dr.House
What Totem Acoustic model are you comparing the M80's to? Totem and Axiom are much different speakers from a design perspective.

"Dr. House":

You are definitely right about the design difference, BUT, it should be noted that the Totems are also "considerably" more expensive. A Totem speaker in the general comparable performance range of the M60 and/or M80 will probably cost you "at least" three to four times as much money. Just as an example, I did some extensive listening to a Totem "Rainmaker" small center channel speaker which costs in the range of $900-1000 and after all was said and done, I didn't think it even sounded as good as my VP150. I have since moved to the VP180 which is, of course, in another league totally. Somewhat similar bookshelf speakers to the M22 will cost you in excess of $3000. In checking the specs., Totem small speakers don't seem to be able to handle high-power amps as well(125 watts max).

Having listened to a number of their speakers, I would admit Totems are well-made, sound good and have some interesting and unique designs in their floor-standing models, however, in my opinion, in no way does their price justify the performance you are getting in comparison to the Axiom line.

When it comes to the subjective assessment of speakers, however, I am sure there are Totem owners out there that might think differently.