I have the M80s, EP600, VP150, QS8s powered by the A1400-8. These speakers do NOT sound harsh in any way (I have a large living room carpeted with a cathedral ceiling). I agree, 100% with Alan and JC. I have a major audiophile buddy whose system is highly specialized (custom built Swiss tube amp., custom made single driver speakers, etc. <tube phono stage..he's into vinyl>) who thinks my system is terrific (a completely different philosophy from his). He's heard speakers costing 20 to 30x the cost of Axiom speakers, as JC mentioned above, and he feels that the Axioms are sometimes better than those. I think its a bit of a back handed compliment when I've read, for instance "for the cost of Axioms, they're the best way to go"..or something to that effect. The Axiom speakers are a terrific speaker on their own merit, period.

I am also a great fan of the pipe organ and the M80s work with the EP600 to create a seamless, clean, natural and well defined bass. I honestly cannot tell from which speakers the bass is being produced.

Per JC's comments, the M80s shine all the more with the more clean power you give them. However, my buddy brought over his extra Audio Zone amp (something like 5 watts / channel) and the M80s sounded terrific with it, also.

M80, QS8, VP150, EP600, A1400-8, Nuforce AVP-17, Oppo BDP-83NE, Pio PRO1540-HD