I once went over a week using my M80s w/o realizing that my EP500 sub was turned off. Playing a movie that was suppose to have some really deep rumbling bass is what finally gave it away, but for music I hadn’t even noticed and I listen to a lot of Trance and other EBM. In part it was their excellent bass response that won the M80s the starting position in my setup.

I like detailed speakers and it had come down to Paradigm, B&W, Focal and the dark horse Axiom. To me the Paradigms sounded almost the same but not as good bass. The B&W sounded a little better in the midrange smoother vocals and some acoustical music. The Focals had a light airyness for ambient music. However, overall the “accuracy” of the M80s sounded on average better across all musical genres. As a reviewer once said about the M2s “If they weren't the best at every type of music, they were the best at any type of music” which is how I feel about the M80s compared to those above and a few other.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1