So... finally got a tv. I really looked hard at the Panasonic Plasma's. I really wanted to like these. Yes, they have "richer" colors. Yes, they would be better in dark room. But I could NOT get use to the "grainy" aspect of alot of scenes even in HD and Blue ray. This would bother me everytime I seen it. One example is the Earth Hour Blue ray. The scene from the plane looking down at a pack of horses and the flock of birds flying over the land. The land was grainy as hell on the S2 54in Panasonic. Many other scenes when compared side to side to a LCD and/or a LED were just too grainy for me. And dont start talkin about grainy when watching non HD stations. So I went for a Sharp 52in Model 78u LCD. Visions had a one day sale last saturday for $998 down from their sale price of $1588. Of couse they have the listed price of $1999 which is bullcrap. I compared it to a 55in Samsung and could not really tell the difference in picture, so I save myelf $500 and went with the Sharp. Lets hope it plays out well. Thanks for all the advise though from everyone.

Last edited by 72mustang; 09/23/10 05:29 PM.