Originally Posted By: CatBrat
It was mentioned above, called "Joe Kane's DVE calibration disc". I have one of these, although after using it for a while I tend to loose interest and revert back to one of the Samsung's built in medium intensity settings instead.

With any of these calibration discs the whole purpose of them is to calibrate the picture of your display(color,tint,contrast brightness etc.)to reproduce the source material as close as possible to the original, in other words, to what is referred to as the "reference standard". I can't recall any Blu-Ray discs yet with the feature but for quite some time any THX DVD usually had test patterns in the menu that you could use to set up your monitor to reproduce, as close as possible, the original movie picture settings. However, in the end, this reference standard may not be appealing to all, hence, do what you did and use an internal setting in the monitor you find more appealing when watching television and/or movies.

There is no problem with that, however, always keep in mind that the picture you are watching in relation to reproducing the source material and based on how the majority of these televisions come out of the factory, without using the test patterns in the disc, more than likely won't be as "accurate" as it could be.