michael_d - the 4311 employs Audyssey MultEQ XT32 which independently sets the level and distance settings for two subs. It then treats them as one subwoofer channel when applying the EQ filters. At least that is how I understand it.

jakewash - I was thinking of you when I posted all of these questions smile How's your new shack? I hope you and the family are enjoying it. I was thinking that we could get together to test things out when I get it all set up. For that matter, I could use someone with your strength to help me move my CRT rear projection TV to the basement smile If you're interested, WE could play around with the new equipment when I've purchased and received everything. I'm interested in comparing the Denon as a receiver versus running it as a pre/pro and feeding my 7125 amplifier. I'm also considering purchasing the VP180 and a second EP500 to trial to see if they make an improvement over my VP150 and single EP500 (but don't tell my wife).

BTW - The Marantz deal is apparently not available to Canadians. Marantz won't allow Outlaw to sell out of country. Guess I didn't see that in the promotion. So I'm going to purchase the 4311 when I find the right deal.