Thanks for the advice - it is appreciated.

I ended up purchasing it locally and was able to negotiate it down to $1800 CDN (before taxes). Plus, it was in stock at the store so I was able to pick it up today.

I figured the best I was going to do from the US was $1600 after shipping and more likely $1650 to $1700 depending on duties (I still think the duty should be 0% but figured I might get dinged for 6%). And this would have been without warranty.

So I felt comfortable buying locally and paying $1800 CDN with full 3-year warranty - plus I could get my hands on it immediately which was worth something to me as I have the house to myself next weekend to set everything up.

So - if anyone in Calgary is looking for a Denon 4311 I think $1800 is the benchmark. The MSRP is $2200 so I got it at an 18% discount - slightly less than my stated goal of 20-25% but close enough. And, to be honest, I didn't play hardball too much. I'm sure if I was willing to wait it out and negotiate a bit more I could have gotten it for a bit less.

But I'm happy - saved myself $400 of MSRP which will easily pay for my next purchase - Sony Playstation w/ Move hardware bundle!

Cheers!

Bryan