Thanks for the replies. I called Axiom but their machine said they couldn't find anyone right now. They probably got the stereo up too loud smile

I did a little sniffin' around. If I put my nose right by the EP500's electronics I still get a faint smell. The sub's still working. The green light is on. I put on some I aint your repo man ( though This is the Ray Lamontagne song that's sustaining me right now), and smelled the air coming out the port in front. No smell. So then I thought maybe the electronics are sealed. sure enough . My thoughts are that it aint the voice coils. I'm just gonna wait for them to call me back.

Since I aint posted for awhile I took some pics of my setup . I'm quite pleased with the stereo separation and the height of the rears.

As far as the ground loop. I live in a single story patio/garden type apartment complex. There's 4 appts under my common roof. each appt has 2 cable connections coming from outside. I'm not gonna mess with it outside. I canceled the tv part of my cable when I got laid off. However, since they are going to all digital with a DTA , they must not feel compelled to put on filters. I got a nice setup with mythtv/haupauge 950q/scte65scan. We're gonna let that dog sleep. I mainly mentioned the ground loop with regards to my EP500 issue.

anyone had any EP500 issues like this, specifically after the infant mortality period has passed ?

Last edited by Randy_Perkins; 11/13/10 07:58 PM.

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4