Originally Posted By: Adrian
Well, technically buying a new pair of M22's is in fact an upgrade since Axiom has recently released V3!!

Ha . thats a good one. I have the M22ti so i'm a couple generations behind. I had to search to find the suffix of my speakers. I was thinking it was SE but it is TI. Then I noticed over at http://www.axiomaudio.com/m22.html , the professional reviews, the reviews are of the TI series. hmm
make note to self to locate used pair of TI so all are matching.

got me wondering what version of EP500 I have. V2 is what I have. noticed the back panels are different. Main diff I notice is new ones dont have trim, can't bypass crossover. but have picked up, subsonic filter, and triggers. I imagine you guys have already went thru all these points. Oh and the power consumption is higher in the newer ones, with a larger fuse. This is all by just glancing at the back panels, so take it with a grain of salt. Personally I hope I get the same thing back I am sending in. I wouldnt miss the trim, but I like to be able to disable the crossover and and utilize the crossover in the head unit. subsonic filter? - well i guess it is at 20 hz. My EP500 is a near-subsonic-accentuator smile Oh and just read about setting the crossover on the newer models. It say set at or just above the freq of crossover in head unit. I imagine then you would have one slope going to your mains, and a greater slope going to your sub?? The greater power requirements got me thinking . Does the EP500 have a dig amp (class D) . Does the V2 have one but the V8( err V3 ) have AB with DSP. I really oughta do the research before I ask about this. basically just thinking out loud. however

I'd like to get a pdf of the user manual for my V2 EP500 and for the M22ti. anyone know how I can get the old versions. I dont have the hard copies anymore ?

And JC called back . Axiom set up a prepaid ups label for me to return the defective amp. $30 isnt bad considering the weight. Glad they got away from DHL or whomever it was back in 2007. Couple of my boxes were torn up, but the insides were golden. He didnt have any opinions on what may have went wrong with my unit. I'd like to see what burned up but notice a funky allen head bolt. so I surmise they dont want you in there poking around. I'll flip the knobs around to see what gives before sending it back. might even break out my audiocontrol sa-305x analyzer. I can never remember X. I think its 0 or 2.
http://www.audiocontrol.com/t35/16466/19894/Acoustic-Analyzers/Audio-Analyzer-SA--3052.html
Had a new one of these in mid 90's. sold it for a different lifestyle. bought a used one last year off ebay. works but has it quirks. need to send it back to AC to get it gone over.

well let me browse around now, curious bout the V2/3 of ep500.
plus I've rambled enough

Darn
now I see there is a VP180 center channel. thats sweet . I hereby revoke my lack of upgradeitis.

Last edited by Randy_Perkins; 11/14/10 03:47 AM.

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4