Hey Boys;

I got my replacement amp and got it installed. everything went fine.

Before I replaced it I checked out my old amp, the one that I think was popping and smoking, and could find nothing wrong with it. I checked the rca input/output, the crossover, and the trim. Although I dont know exactly what the trim does it did have an effect on my output when I adjusted it. I did not check the balanced inputs/ouputs , nor the high level inputs.

One thing I did notice was that the rca output is -6db from the rca input. However the new amp is the same way. I dont use the rca output anyway.

Didnt find anything smoked or burned. So maybe this whole thing was a misunderstanding on my part. It drives me crazy mainly because I dont wanna say my beloved axiom's performed less than perfect. And they didnt.

FYI, While I was nosing around I wrote down a couple IC numbers. My amp revision is 10123. this is written on the amp plate of the subwoofer just above Made in Canada. I bought my EP500 in the Fall of 2007.

NXP LPC921F 8bit microprocessor
motorola / freescale DSP6364 24 bit DSP
cirrus logic/crystal CS5360 24 bit A/D
cirrus logic/crystal CS4390 24 bit D/A
FTDI FT232BM USB UART
-----
Intersil HIP4080A FET Driver
hidden by heatsink - 4 output FET's ??
----
HUGE lifesaver type xformer and caps
Delta 10EK3A EMI Filter
CL-70 Thermistors
small fuse on power supply board
-----------
Mono output to a dual voice coil driver . didnt check just assumed the coils were paralleled .

Thanks for all the posts and sorry for the false alarm , as I think it may have been.

Randy

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4