Originally Posted By: JohnK

There's no internal crossover, just a variable low pass filter. It can essentially be bypassed from interfering with the lower frequency crossover which a receiver does if the filter is set at the 150Hz max.

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking over some threads and it appears that when I set my crossover ( err. var lp filter ) at bypass it is really at 150hz. I'd have to look at what my crossover at the denon is set at, and get the DB per octave (# of poles) of the denon and the sub amp's crossover ( err variable filter ) to see if technically 150hz crossover is the same as bypass. I imagine it's not but my ears cant hear the difference.

i just read a 52 page thread about v2/v3 that reminded me of 52 channels and nothing on . I almost posted this on there, but didnt want to bring it back to life. you can thank me later smile

but if you know of a post that details the difference in amplifier, difference in input power required for the same output, and freq response of ep500 v2/v3 , I'd like to see it.

I gotta chuckle out of "class D amps which operate by switching on and off several hundred thousand times a second, but there's nothing digital about the basic operation". smile smile thanks

can you point me to where it lists which axiom sub amps are class D ?

and to me dsp is not class D amplification. the "digital signal processing " would definitely have a A-D conversion, then some processing, then optionally a D-A conversion depending on the class of amplification ( D or AB ). Of course my thinking could be off again, it happens regularly. I'm open to suggestions to bring it back on course

Randy

ps you're right about the upgradeites. I think V3 would be fine, or even v2 if the price was right.

pss. i saw where the upgrade program was degraded. I can understand from Axioms point. I'm grateful I was able to utilize it when I did. I couldnt of upgraded without it.

psss I stand corrected as
wikipedia says " The term "class D" is sometimes misunderstood as meaning a "digital" amplifier. "

Last edited by Randy_Perkins; 11/14/10 05:24 AM. Reason: ps pss psss

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4