My sister and brother-in-law would like a new TV. At first I was simply going to give them a couple hundred dollars toward it to encourage them to get at least a 50". However, they've had bills come which wiped out their TV savings, so I'm considering getting a new TV for myself and passing on my 60" SXRD. I don't want to spend more than $2k simply because I still plan on getting a projector at some point. I just haven't seen the model that I want yet.

My TV search hasn't been very exhaustive yet, but these are my top considerations so far:

Panasonic Viera TC-P65S2

Mitsubishi Diamond Series WD-65838

I imagine I won't find anything at my price point and desired screen size that kills in the reviews, so is this about what I can expect?

If I go with this model of plasma, do you think I'll be disappointed in any way? I have my concerns about DLP. I like the technology, but that's based on the DLP that I see in commercial theaters. How is the home version of the technology these days? Also, if I go with DLP, would you recommend this 65" model or suggest a 73" model with fewer features?

I'm not entirely sure a new TV is the direction I'll go, but I'm leaning toward it heavily right now and would love to get your input. Thanks!