Originally Posted By: CV
If I wanted to spend all of this additional money, I'd also go for a more expensive display to begin with. Maybe when I go to a front projector.

Theoretically, you should be right, however, the trouble is you could buy the most expensive model from any manufacturer and still possibly face the same color issues, it might not really matter. All one has to do is read the reviews of various television monitors, regardless of price, and these "out of the box" color(usually gray scale)problems are still fairly common. I have looked at multiple top-of-the-line sets in stores beside each other where one had a red color push the one beside it green and the third emphasizing blue. Even today, it seems the luck of the draw what you will get when you get it home and turn it on. These usually aren't that noticeable but if you have nothing to compare it to then you won't ever know.

Its been like that for years. Here again, realistically, I will admit it depends how far your interest and pocketbook is willing to take you in order to achieve "video nirvana".