Thanks guys.

Bryan, I think you will really like the 180 even more once you get a chance to relax and let it do it's thing. I can loan that DVD to you. I bought it specially for this type of testing, it really does have great surround mixing. I want to try the dual center idea, VP180 and M2. I have that plant shelf above my TV which I might try to set the M2 on tomorrow and give it a listen. I also found the owner's manual for the SPL meter you have, I will try to remember to give it to you.

Fred, it was just a single M2 below. A dual M2 would not help with lowering the frequncy range of playback for that extra punchy sound the VP180 brought to the table.

It appears that as long as the seating arrangement is contained within the outer most points of the magic triangle the VP180 works very, very well. Once you move outside those points the M2 is the better choice due to it's greater horizontal dispersion.

I have that seat that is used quite often at/outside the right main which means I would like to use the M2 to give that seat better SQ, but the dilemma is, I really really like the full range sound the VP180 offers. I will post back about my M2/VP180 scenario tomorrow, I think I have time to try it out, stay tuned.............

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70