Jay,

I agree that I'll be more than happy with the VP180 replacing my VP150. I've come to the conclusion that the perceived issues I was having with it were related to the source material and the improved presentation of it with my new Audyssey-enabled receiver. Having run the VP150 for a week in its stead I've come to appreciate and understand the differences Audyssey has done in my room and that the VP150 is exhibiting the same characteristics the VP180 was demonstrating with Audyssey.

I do have to say that my VP150 sounds better with Audyssey now that I've gotten used to it and have educated myself on what I should be hearing. It's much better now with cable TV as it appears Audyssey has tamed some of the over-emphasized sibilance. Now I get a truer sense of the source material with Audyssey in place. So I'm looking forward to putting more time in with the VP180 in the place of the VP150.

BTW - having seen the VP180, in person, at your house I can say it looks very good. Looking at the pictueres you posted I have to say that when I was at your place I never noticed the Axiom plaque on the wall above your TV. Nice!

Did you try different crossovers with the VP180? Or only 40 Hz? Which do you prefer?

When you are done with the center channel experiments we should experiment with my surround channels - trying them up higher and on the back wall. Could be interesting...

Bryan