Originally Posted By: wheelz999

Do any of you guys understand the time stamps on my bill? That's what really perplexes me, as they are all over the place and every day of the month, even though I'm not touching my phone; it's just on for my bluetooth capability and emergency backup.

Yes. Your phone is hitting Bell's data network, or there's an error in their billing system. Your data usage looks 'normal' for someone with a smartphone that's using cellular data. They're 'chatty'.

Do you have your email set up on the 'droid? POP3, IMAP, or Exchange? If it's IMAP or Exchange (Gmail is), then your 'droid's email client is probably staying connected to the server all the time. It's constantly 'talking' to the server to make sure your email is up to date. It's not a lot of data at a time, but it's a constant drip. When you email yourself, do you *immediately* get a "you've got mail!" jingle on your phone? If so, then you do have some sort of 'push' type of email going on, and that's definitely going to smolder through data. Still, it should be WiFi, not cellular.

The kicker though is that 'do not use cellular data' option. Since your phone has that, and you're trying to use it, but the 'droid is still using cellular data, then something isn't working correctly.

Here's another test. Turn 3G off. Put your 'Droid next to or on top of a cheap clock-radio or on top of a headphone cable, even a speaker. Browse some websites. Email yourself. If you hear 'dit-ditty-dit-ditty-dit-ditty-bzzzrrrt-ditty-ditty-dit' noises from the speaker, you're hearing cellular data interference. 3G doesn't produce this interference, thus the reason for disabling it. But if your'e hearing it, your phone is *definitely* using cellular data. And to make sure you can hear the interference, call the 'Droid. It should produce a loud and long 'brrrzzzzzzzzzzzt' interference right before it rings. Similar to but different from the data noises.

Good luck!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office