Hey Peter, thank you very much for those detailed and very informative suggestions. I'll definitely check things out when I get my replacement.

Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Now, you're telling me you need a third party app to disable data usage on the phone? Perhaps there's a built in function for that? If not... uh...

Ken, I don't necessarily "need" an app to disable the data usage, but the Quick Settings app is much easier to use, and a very quick alternative to going through a convoluted menu. It's a lot easier to have a shortcut for the Quick Settings app on my home screen, thus allowing me to have access to six or seven different settings on one screen instead of having to go through different areas of the menu for each setting i.e. brightness, data on/off, WiFi on/off, GPS on/off, and volume, ringer etc. adjustments.

It's one of the best apps available for android phones, and would be the same for the Iphone, but there's no such luck with that hunk of junk for a phone grin .

Last edited by wheelz999; 01/07/11 03:15 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.