Saline, silicon, it's all good.

Terry, Matthew Sweet was always one of my favorites. I love his vocal harmonies, especially on the Girlfriend CD. It's cool that he got you into the biz.

I have a few name-dropping stories, but nothing to compare to your industry exploits. One that I'll share, because it made me laugh, is how my mom met R.E.M. To assist in the mental imagery, imagine my Mom as Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies, maybe if Granny were 20-30 years younger. They have the same kind of country sensibilities, shall we say. Mom was also raised in Comer and enjoyed shooting, cooking, fishing, and "home remedies".

Anyway, Mom worked various units over her nursing career, with a long stint in oncology. Sadly, R.E.M.'s stage manager, Curtis Goodman, developed terminal cancer in the late 1980s (I'm thinking 1987) and was a patient of my mom's for about a week. She knew he was in the music business, but if it wasn't Waylon or Willie, it was foreign to Mom. So, Mom tells me one day that all the young nurses are going crazy, like a bunch of high school girls swooning over some hot stuff. "A-ha," she thinks, "the band must be in the building. Guess I'll meet me some real ce-leb-ri-ties! But then - imagine my surprise when I see these four grimy, ratty looking guys coming down the hallway!?! You mean this is what is driving these nurses crazy? Ain't nothin' too special about them that I can see! When was the last time they had a bath, anyway?!"

I think she also used some language similar to that in "Money for Nothing", meaning that my mom would probably be censored in Canada now, if recent threads here are to be believed.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.