I would definitely concur. When I first plugged in my M60s, I began pulling out all of my classical discs that had been gathering dust for months if not years, and feeding them in one after the other just to experience the sound. I had a quite a surprise when I put in some discs, though. Some of my old favorites were digital remasterings of old performances, and some of them sounded AWFUL. But all of these had lots of brass or strings, and were recorded pre-1980, and remastered to digital in the early 80s. Bad recordings.

In fact, I kept a set of Bose acoustimass front speakers hooked to the B speaker out and could switch back and forth between the M60s and the Bose. I kept it that way for weeks, because I never tired of switching back and forth and marvelling at the incredible difference! These recordings that I used to listen to, and that sounded bad on the M60s, sounded EVEN WORSE on the Bose. But, I hadn't noticed it that much before, and had listened anyway. I think it was just more noticeable compared to good recordings heard on the M60s.

So now I know, I have to upgrade my CD collection! (Looking for good recent recordings from Telarc and other good quality studios.) More things to buy....

ChrisR

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91