Blind test of the youngin?

Don't know about that, but I can certainly post a Q n' D review of the M3s through the eyes of my son (the M3s augment our family room TV, whose internal amps were smoked years ago):

The M3s are remarkably resilient. Many times have they been knocked off their stands with only minimal damage to the finish, however the grill has seen better days. It can stay in place with only two pins if you happen to break two of them, but the grill doesn't taste very good covered in cat hair. The sharp edges on the sides of the speaker haven't damaged the hardwood floor a heck of a lot either. I'd also like to note that you can make all kinds of dents in both the tweeter and dust cap, without any apparent loss in sound quality.

Getting to music, on the "Yummy Yummy" album by the Wiggles, the M3s sounded great. There's a fairly deep baseline on the big hit "Fruit Salad", and even in the big room the M3s had good impact. The M3s also really showed off their clarity and detail on "Where is Thumbkin?", and listening you can hear the plucking of every string.

As far as movies go, the M3s are terrific. We watched Barney's "Now I Know my ABC's", and dialogue was always clear and never fatiguing. In my house, everybody gets choked up hearing "I love you, you love me" through the M3s.

Last edited by fhw; 04/06/05 10:57 AM.