Also, in my opinion, and a much less technical viewpoint, is that home theater set ups have taken over. Many new speakers are designed with decor in mind--having to fit next to the TV or entertainment center. The average family doesn't have the space or finances to dedicate to viewing room. Speakers must fit into overcrowded living spaces, and try to be unobtrusive. Especially with the subwoofer explosion to handle the lower frequencies, speakers are designed to work with subs and not as stand alones. WAF is often snickered at, but often is a very powerful force in determining what size, shape, and color is allowed in the decorating scheme of the living room. Whether we like it or not, small satellite systems and HTIBs are big sellers, and that's what will continue to be offered. We must keep up the good fight! Personally, I like looking at my big boxes that produce sound. I want to see what I spent my money on and not make it seem like the flowerpot on the mantle is the source of music.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose