Well, I've only been "Dying" for 5 years, but I can feel where many of you come from -- it's easy for me to get into modes of thought where I judge my mental state.

The constant judging, and measuring up of memory, attention span, etc. usually just makes things worse, because i'm thinking and trying to "prove" to myself I don't forget things, or can focus whenever I want, or make easy connections.

For me, it's a lot about mindset. I'm an introverted person, and simple meditation techniques help my mental self-confidence improve greatly. Putting aside a half-hour a day of "me time" is where it all starts there for me.

Nutrition and self-reflection are keys to my mental health, and I've only been really serious about them the past two years, since being out of college.

I've had a few friends who kept themselves so incredibly busy, they never had time to think. And if they did start thinking (maybe in a closed room with their eyes closed), they'd get overwhelmed with the thought of tasks they needed to do -- rather than reflecting peacefully. I helped one friend set aside stress when thinking. It actually opened a whole new mental world to him, which was perfectly normal to me.

With the way the world/internet/life/job is so fast-paced now, it's so easy to lose time. Everything grabs it, so giving it away can just get normal. With the internet now, (referencing the "Google is making you stupid" article) and my developing curiosity, it's extremely overwhelming going through the learning process of a topic online. There's hundreds of bits of information linked to almost any researchable topic, and there are so many instant-click rabbit holes -- at times it's very hard for me to focus sitting at a computer without delving into several tasks at once.

Edit: The edit button was calling my attention.

Last edited by danmagicman7; 03/09/11 05:38 PM.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2