A very sound take, for sure, Michael. However, unless I'm talkin' space, design, surface choices or color, the client is always right. Their reaction to the introduction of an inappropriate topic is nothing I can change, especially when I agree that it shouldn't have happened at all.

She's uber cool and awesome--a blast to hang with. He's a nice guy, a good elec., but an abject, clueless dolt.

Right now, I'm thinkin' I'll address it on Friday when I see him. Regardless the outcome, I'll find a new guy to work with on her upcoming projects, or just do the few small electrical bits myself. If there is a positive outcome, I'll still use him.

I'll simply ask clients up front: Would you prefer the Right to Life electrician or a Right to Choose one?

Crap! I gotta find a women electrician. A hot one! And send here to my clients that I know are already experiencing martial dischord.

Now that it's been discussed so much here (thanks to all who contributed) I'm beginning to re-see it myself as not political, feminist or religious.
It's about a very bright person dealing with a a very dim bulb. That, I guess, is ultimately irreparable.

I don't think that sensitivity training is in his future---or within his grasp.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.