I navigated my rat's nest of wires and got the full 5.1 hooked up. My center isn't hung yet so it's sitting on an old Polk in front of the fireplace at about the level of the lowest driver on the M22s, which are on 24" stands. That's a good height for them if I'm sitting with perfect posture but 20-22 might be better.

On cable my choices at the moment are 2 Fast 2 Furious (yuck) and a Jill Scott concert. I can't believe there's not a hockey game on.

I used the awful car movie to make sure everything was getting a good signal and polarity was right (can't really tell that from the test tones, and I'm never positive I got it right with the new (to me) rear mounting bracket on the QS4s) then went to the concert.

The center channel is too quiet, relative to the fronts. I went downstairs to check the settings (this is the PITA part of having the home all distributed from one location: setup) and found that the calibration was set to 2 for the center and 3 for the fronts. I reversed it. Can't tell a difference. Am about to set it to 3 and 0 to see what changes. Delay is at 1ms for center and 5 for rears. I have no idea how I'll ever know if that could be better, as this amp is far too old for all the cool software toys.

I suspect that I'll never be satisfied with a center channel for music, but we'll see. I'm going to dig out the D+T Radio City BluRay, which I haven't opened yet, to see how that sounds.

For now, before playing with settings, I can say that the VP100 seems pretty accurate and clear with Jill Scott's voice. It just isn't loud enough. Perhaps I can get it right with some settings changes.

Dan, I am right about 2' from the wall if measuring to the front of the speaker. I spread them out a bit wider than the photo now that I have the center working. I will have to give it another go with the music to see how that affects it. I suspect it might improve. The corner chair looks even goofier now that I've moved it.

I suppose it won't be that much work for me to take these downstairs to see how they sound for music in the theater room. Maybe they'll blow me away and I can get a nice super-cheap setup that satisfies me down there...