Two weeks in and I've been logging a lot of hours of music play on these. I'm still messing around a lot with placement. It always seems like they sound better the farther I lean forward, which puts me closer to a perfect equilateral triangle, so I've moved them as wide as I possibly can in the room. My 22" speaker stands don't ship for another few days, so I won't have them til next week, but I'm sure they'll help.

I've definitely learned that HDNet and Palladia just plain sound like crap on their concerts. It's not the center channel speaker. Which, I should note, sounds WAY better this week than last week. It's an on-wall (which I still haven't figured out how I'm going to mount it - the fireplace's molding prevents me from just sliding it on the normal way so I have to invent my own bracket) and at first I was convinced that the on walls just plain weren't going to sound as good. But it has really perked up a lot. I really noticed it today watching the VCU-Kansas game and then some House episodes. Before it was a little distant and now it is starting to really jump. To the point where I might even have to ease it back a bit (it's overdriven a bit from the amp right now).

I think it might just be certain channels. I was all excited to crank up Terminator: Salvation the other night too and it was all muted, as if the cable company was trying to spare my neighbors. Sounded like crap, like I was listening through a closed door.

I made a pretty big mistake, though, in that I moved my fish tank over to the side of the downstairs room so I could watch the projector again (the end goal is a piece of furniture that holds the tank and the screen slides over top of that- it's not built yet so I project onto the wall), so it's temporarily right next to the couch. I should've set up the M22s down there and done some listening before I did that, because now it'll probably be 2-3 months before things are back in the proper spots.

I was expecting them to sound really great down there, to the point where it'd influence me to order another pair immediately so I could really go listen to loud music at any hour. But now that plan is on hold. I suppose that's good for the wallet. But really, they're such a great value that buying another pair is nothing!

Seriously, I've just been blown away by the price of these speakers compared to their performance. This is an untreated far from optimal shaped room with glass doors and an open end and mediocre wires, they cost $488 (minus 5%), and I'm thoroughly enjoying them. I've heard better, but that was all very expensive stuff in very well-appointed rooms. And it wasn't all that much better. I can only imagine what these or the M80s sound like in a perfectly set up room.

Last edited by Dave B; 03/28/11 06:21 AM.