0-3-0 (rears at 2) made a small improvement.

Then I put in the D+T BRD.

I actually have to get the programmer to change my inputs around so that everything runs to the same coax digital in on the Nak via the video switcher... for some reason on this old Nak the DVD input will only give me Pro Logic, so it's faking it. Random stuff like this is the only downside to keeping your older equipment around. (And I actually have two of these.) But running everything via coax through the Gefen switcher is a good idea and will let me have every video source in the full 5.1. Only trouble is I have to have it coded for me. frown

Anyway, at 0-3-0 with me telling it to play the 24/96 feed, whatever it's doing to the signal splits through the LCR... and I can only describe the vocals as "really goddamn loud." It seems to be splitting it up properly so the vocals are almost entirely in the center (though there's no crowd or anything in the rears right now for whatever reason) and I must say, the imaging and everything is very good and natural. Better than I expected given my bias towards 2ch music.

Just now he talked after a song and it sounded kind of fake. But maybe that was his mic. Who knows.

Obviously I have a lot of tweaking to do. I thought about it and this is the first time I've actually had all the speakers for a real surround setup since 2002 when I lived in California. I left the center and rears out there when I moved back and haven't set up a real one ever since. Amazing.