If you have time and a little slack in your speaker wires, try moving them around a little. I'm not talking much, maybe 6" to a foot in any / every direction you can.

The room my speakers are in is empty (painting) except for a 65" Mits and a loveseat. There are 2 walls about 75% covered with curtains. I had 5 CDs in my CD player, and I was unable to find a spot where all of the CDs sounded good. In some placements I just couldn't believe how absolutely horrible things sounded. Rush's Roll the Bones sounded extremely thin and tinny. Almost like an AM radio out of a 55 Chevy. While Stevie Ray Vaughan sounded incredibly full with a very nice soundstage. I moved the speakers about 8" apart, and 5" closer to the wall, and now Rush was awesome and Stevie sounded like I put him in a can.

As an experiment, I just hung an old blanket from the end of one of the curtain rods over to my Mits, and held it in place with the not connected VP150. This effectively covered about 25% of a third wall. Now all 5 CDs in there sound beautiful. That is actually a huge understatement. It sounds like I'm sitting in the front row for both Rush and Stevie. It is just absolutely amazing to me that the room, speaker placement, and furnishings can make so many differences. Even right up close to the speaker, I can hear the differences, and the blanket is hanging about 12 feet away. It also allowed low volume listening, which is now smooth and silky where before it was tinny.

I sure hope that I can ditch that old ripped up blanket once I get the furniture back in the room. I love the way the speakers sound with it in place, and I'll live with it if I have to. Nothing is going to take this sound away...

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.