you guys want some cheese with all this 'whine'?

i suppose next we'll be going to movie theatres demanding a viewing before we pay to see the movie? this goes round and round guys.

everyone is in some sort of business around this issue and the bottom line is the bottom line. like it or not, someone is going to make money.

your either part of the problem or part of the solution. if you don't like it, don't buy it. if you want something different, start developing.

i'm in the same boat as all of you. everyone wants more for their dollar. why else did we buy axiom speakers?

what's the solution? i'm really not sure. that's not my 'business.' i would say that things are changing (hopefully) for the better. take metallica's st. anger album as an example. i don't know anyone who likes the songs. but, they did include a FREE DVD with the purchase. that's not bad for $13.99.
who knows what else the record co.'s should try? maybe a line similar to pepsi where you open your product and you have a chance to win something? sounds feasible to me. chances to win an autographed guitar, CDs from warner bros., a poster, movie tickets, etc. the biting truth is that sooner or later CD distribution will need to change by offering more and changing its technology.