I guess I'll chime in on this one. First of all, my music tastes bounce around. What I play on my M22's ranges from classical, jazz, progressive rock (Dream Theater), mellow rock (Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree) to hard rock (Opeth), and even some swing. My impression is that it only sounds as good as the recording. Thus far, all the things I've listed sound nothing short of amazing. Dream Theater's new cd is VERY hard and I thought it wouldn't sound all that great on Axioms at first. I put it on and BAM!! It was great. The mids and bass were so thick and I could still hear the distinct notes and all of the details. The odd thing is that the music even sounded natural and balanced.

I've also listended to Pink Floyd's Pulse and it sounds just as good. Another example is Porcupine Tree's cd In Absentia (which is a great cd). It's a very dynamic album. The first track is rather hard so how does it do on the Axioms? Just as great *wink* In contrast, take the track Heart Attack in a Layby which is very mellow and contains a lot of vocal layers. The best way to to describe this song on Axioms is immersive. So are axioms good "rock" speakers. I'd say yes as long their playing well mixed "rock" music. (or is that a paradox?) Anyway, sorry for the long post.