Originally Posted By: michael_d

Originally Posted By: audiosavant

I think we need a viable third party. A middle class/labor party of some kind. A "workers" party if you will (but I'm sure that sounds way too "commie" for you).

You know... a political party for the small guy. A party for people who are not wealthy or poor. People who actually work for a living and don't have access to the power that the rich do or the programs that the poor have.

You didn’t read the quote I posted either, apparently. There was a time when we had more than two parties.

Oh yes I did read it! But that was in the past, man. We need a viable new third party.

But we're stuck with the two party system for now. We gotta make changes within those two camps. Unless you have some better ideas.

Just where do you think I reside in the economic food chain? Ever bother to ask or even care? I have calluses on my hands and the only “deduction” I have is a slew of charitable donations, every year, and the mortgage interest on my home, with no second home.

I care. I assume most of us here on the Axiom forum are about average. Not really rich, not too poor (we have HT and computer access for instance). Just working stiffs. All of us. I just want and deserve to live like a wealthy playboy!

But truthfully, I'm try to live a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on a Mac Davis budget... grin

I'm with you brother on mortgage interest deductions. I need those myself. I'm self-employed and I pay a bunch of taxes. Their talking about getting rid of or lowering the amount you can deduct in this budget plan. That pisses me off.

We can bail out Wall Street, but the average American gets to pay the bill. Same with those two horrible war adventures. Wrap that crap up and we'll have a lot more money for the country. The MIC is firmly entrenched in both parties. Gotta have a strong military or else the world won't fear us! States are going broke and Republican governors wanna fire teachers, firemen and cops and give tax breaks to corporations so they can create those mythical high paying jobs. Washington wants to balance the budget on the backs of hard working Americans. That's why I'm for raising the taxes on the wealthiest top percent. They can afford it. They should be willing to help America out. It's the patriotic thing to do. grin

I would rather have a simple flat tax, if you really want to know how I feel about it.

I think that might be an interesting solution. Simplifying the tax code as well.

As long as it's not that "fair" tax idea. That thing is anything but fair.

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
---Frank Zappa