Re: Delta anything.

Last week, I was at my local Delta, DeWalt, Porter Cable parts store.

They had the usual array of the second two, but zero from the first. I axed if they were no longer doing Delta.

They are, but Delta is so screwed up right now, that no one, anywhere, is getting any parts.

They have new mgmt., (again!) and all of the dealers are extremely unhappy with them.

My Delta is 11 years old and it has performed as I had hoped at every turn. I check it's calibratation for each new job, but it has never needed to be adjusted.

I'm not so sure I'd buy Delta right now. I've read both thumbs up and thumbs down reviews.

Jet (and Powermatic) have had their parts/customer service issues in the last few years as well.

If I were buying new right now, I'd get a left-tilt for sure, maybe a Powermatic. If you can find a good Powermatic #66, any age, I'd consider it strongly.

Brand new contractor's or cabinet saw?

I might consider a Steel City, Grizzly, or General. They all get better and better press each year and they cost less than the others. At least I'd check 'em out.

The "stops on a hot dog" feature of the SawStop isn't a big enough deal to justify the price. Afterall, everything else in your shop can still hurt you.

Almost every carpenter/woodworker I've ever met with a missing digit or two, did it in a jointer/planer.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.