Originally Posted By: Murph
Originally Posted By: Henry66

I still say some of the big ships move too nimbly for their size. Momentum is momentum no matter how powerful your engines are.

Your forgetting about the Inertial Dampeners.
I remember reading a scifi series when I was a teen collectively called "Lensman Series". In short it was about several generations of an elite intergalactic police force who were hand picked by super advanced aliens to wear a "lens" that enhanced your mental abilities to super human levels. I always remember one interesting concept where they invented an 'Inertia-less' drive that greatly enhanced space travel, primarily space combat. The described effects and the catastrophic effects of Inertia-less Drive failures is probably what got me interested in physics. Although I soon realized my advanced math skills were not sufficiently equal to my theoretical skills.

Note: If you decide to read this series, don't start with book one. It's a historical account of actual events on Earth and how they were secretly influenced by the advanced Alien race. It will make zero sense and be largely unentertaining if you have not read a few of the following 5 books first. Actually, start at three.

Andrew, I looked up the Lensman series and it looks quite interesting. There seems to be different versions and such. . . .I need to do some more research on this.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose