Well with the price increases Axiom isn't the best bang for the buck like they use to be. And believe me i'm not an Axiom hater like what you find on Audioholics, check out my post on AVS (gtpsuper24) i've recommended Axioms quite a bit, and defended Axiom too. I'm not buying the Axiom competes with speakers that cost double or triple the price. Axiom is a ID company they need to compete with Aperion, HSU, SVS, Elemental Designs, not B&M stores. Since I've last purchased my Axioms each model from the M22 on up has gone up at least $100 if not more in some others. The Arx A3 towers are $499 a pair offer better cabinets, XBL2 5.5" woofers and neo ribbon tweeters and one user compared it to the M60 and the Arx won out. What about ED's A6T tower for $500 tweeter with 3 6.5" woofers and a cabinet made right here in the USA with much more internal bracing (M50 38lbs) (A6T 51lbs)I guess when I think about it, what am I paying $800 dollars for the M50s, just two drives and a basic hollow cabinet. And I bet anything the A6T sounds "simiarlly" good at $250 cheaper. I remember paying $417 or so for my M22s and now their almost $500. I guess I think if your going to up prices at least include a signifcant performance improvment. I was really planning of upgrading to Axioms higher end speakers and couldn't wait for the VP160, but the price increases just struck a nerve I guess. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by gtpsuper; 10/03/11 12:08 AM.