Hey, I'm with you that price increases suck. But the other companies that you are comparing them to have had their price increases as well. Heck my SVS was purchased for $521 shipped to my door, but before they stopped making it, they were selling it for $649 PLUS shipping. And it had a shorter product run than the Axiom products that you mentioned have gone up $100. That was with no real (if any) design improvement at all.

Axioms aren't for everyone, one person might love that ribbon speaker, I'm not a fan. Another might like the fact that the Axioms are known for a very flat response across all of the important frequency ranges, vs. being "hot" in certain other ranged. For example, a professional review of the eD A6T that you mention, says that it has a significant dip in the "important mids" and lacks good detail there.

Sure, the Axioms aren't sexy looking. But I too would rather have the good vinyl wrapped speaker (since I am not going to fork out the money for solid wood) than a painted eD speaker. Others like the painted look on a more rounded cabinet (I like the rounded look too. Axiom has another thread here about 'wish list' or 'what should Axiom do next' as they solicit feedback from us all to cater to the market wants/desires.)

So you no longer think that Axioms are a value, many others would disagree. Even today, Axiom products that have been around for years are still winning awards. They've got the most important features for me... Price and performance. I figure that if I can start with a speaker that isn't already "colored" in certain frequency ranges, then I have a better chance of good sound in my home. If I start with something with, say, the above mentioned big dip in the mid-range, then I have to figure out how to combat that. Sort of like the Bose montage of "all highs, all lows, must be Bose".

As for SVS and HSU for speakers, I wouldn't want to buy main channels from subwoofer companies. eD is a small operation that is just up and coming. I have been to their place in Newton, IA. I used to live less than 30 minutes from there, and I picked a day that I was in Newton playing paintball to set up a quick visit. They guys are great enthusiasts for sure. This was a couple of years ago, but they really had a passion to break into the speaker market. They are sort of the young contender to the market. They've got some skills, but don't have the vast experience yet.

If you look at the following list of "Best Speakers Under $500", Axiom is right there with the best bookshelf speaker. But the list is full of different companies, as one would expect.

Again, are Axioms the best performing, coolest looking, or least expensive speaker out there? Heck no. But they have a really good mix. If the OP is wondering about subwoofers, then he isn't going to go wrong with any of the models he is looking at. Just do a Google search and see what professionals have to say. You know, the ones with dedicated listening rooms and testing equipment, not people that may be easily swayed by personal preferences, brand loyalty, or whatever.

Farewell - June 4, 2020