I have a few of those laying around. smile I also have a 2.0L (the RX-7 and RX-8 are 1.3L), 3-rotor engine in storage. There are only about 1500 of them in the world.

I really love the rotary engine. It kept popping up in my life since about 1996. While my dad was driving me to the airport where I'd be flying to college, he was telling me about how Mazda had a unique engine that kept getting banned in motorsports. Then when I got to college I ended up dating a girl who owned an RX-7, even thought I didn't know it at the time. Once I was far enough in debt, I dropped out of the art school, and came back home to a community college. In my Calc class one chapter of the book had a photo of an RX-7 sitting on the Bonneville salt flats (where, I later learned, it had set a land speed record), that that chapter we learned to calculate the displacement of the engine by computing the area between two curves (and multiplying by the rotor's width). Once I started a full-time job, I had to buy one.

That's my tale.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris