In reply to:

a woman whose top priority is to please her man ends up with a neanderthal type ("Woman! Fetch beer!") that gets bored with her and cheats.

Actually, I think you missed my poing in a major way. I guess you can boil it down to be honest with them up front, and you won't have to sacrifice who YOU are to please her later on.

#1 - I WILL NOT cheat. It's the #1 reason I'm not married. When I can honestly say to myself that I am ready to be with one woman forever, I will do so. Until then, I will continue to be 100% honest with the women in my life.

#2 - "Woman, fetch beer" - is not meant to be demeaning. When her car needs brakes, a tune up, ball joints, shocks, struts, etc. For her, it's "Man, fetch tools and fix my car", which I happily do because I care. I assume that is the same reason why I get a giggle, a hug, a kiss, AND a beer when I say that. Men and women are different. That being the case, we have different roles in the relationship. I do anything that requires blood, sweat, or tears, and she handles everything else that facilitates my being able to take care of her. It's a partnership.

I think Bilbo and I are talking about the same thing, which is men being afraid to take a stand on something that matters to them. Everyone makes compromises, but a lot of guys pretend to be someone that they are not to get the girl, and then have to spend their entire life trying to be the man that their woman thinks they are. It's just easier to be who you are, than it is to change into someone you are not.

Lastly, if it is neanderthal to assume the role of provider, protector, and repairer of all things broken for the woman that one cares for. Then color me guilty. I do a lot for her, and all I expect from her is to provide a warm, loving, supportive household for me to come home to. She LOVES filling that role, and I love having her fill that role. I take good care of her and she takes good care of me. It's not demeaning for us to understand each other's needs, and to make our best effort to make each other happy. I'm a guy. I do guy stuff. She's a traditional lady, and she does girl stuff. Neither one of us has a problem with that. In all honestly, that's why I care so much, and why she cares so much. I've been 100% straight up with her, and she with me. We don't have arguments about what speakers I buy, how I mount them, or what color they are. In return, I don't tell her what color draperies to hang, how much seasoning to put in dinner, or what style saddle to use on her horse. The remark about being black listed was simply realizing that without writing a 40 page novel to fully explain the situation, anyone reading the post would get the wrong idea. I'm not a scumbag... I'm just a regular guy who is waaaay to honest for his own good. I pull no punches. She knows exactly what I think and why I think it. That's why she's sitting on my lap at 2:30AM making me defend myself... hehe.. I love it when she sticks up for me even when I stick my foot in my mouth. Oh... and my "pet" name for her is wench. You should see the sweet little look she gives me when I call her that. She loves it... (and just made me type that in here, too)

That being said, the QS8s should be mounted on the wall, or on the ceiling simply because that's where they were designed to be... And at least there is 1 woman in the word that thinks they look "really nice and professional" mounted on the wall - mine.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.