hehe... Sorry to get so off track here. I have a buddy that did exactly that, pretended to be what he wasn't to get a girl he didn't belong with. Spent the last 8 years trying to live up to it to keep his marraige together. Compromised his life away, and it didn't help one bit. It's made a mess of his life, and she just recently left him despite all of the effort he put into it. It's 100% his fault for putting himself in that position. The whole thing makes me sick. I just spoke with him Friday, and I was pretty disgusted about it all after taking to him.

Then... Bilbo made that comment and it set me off. So... It's all Bilbo's fault - he made me do it.

Steveo and BigWill. My comments were not directed at either of you or your situations. They were only made in the general regard to Bilbo's statement, and a hanging bad feeling about my buddy's situation. This was the wrong place to vent about it. My apologies to both of you.

In reply to:

you're lucky to have a woman who understands your obsessions.

Hahahaha... You can't possily believe how big of an understatement that is. She's definitely 1 in a million. I favor John Wayne more than Alan Alda, so as you can imagine I'm quite a handful.

As to your neanderthal comment - that might just be an accurate description every once in a while . Us guys couldn't REALLY have been wrong for 400 million years in a row now, could we? Maybe twice in a row, but no way could we have a streak of being wrong that lasted THAT long. Maybe we've been wrong for the last 75? It's a much shorter time frame. Much more believeable. damn... there I go again. Somebody needs to hit me upside the head with a dinosaur bone...

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.