Originally Posted By: michael_d
I'm betting the car is a waxer and he doesn't drive it much and turned off traction control to show off. Vipers did not come with TC or active handling, which is why so many end up wrapped around a tree (the new one has it). It doesn't take much to loose control when you have that much power, and when you do, it's quick. I generally keep the Z's T/C engaged for that reason, and never turn off active handling. I've lost traction with the nannies turned off at 70 mph after shifting up to 2nd and the engine got to it's happy place, then it redlined and damn near spun me the other direction. I learned to get my right hand back to the wheel between shifts on that one...and to not turn off active handling. The active handling will help keep the car pointed the right direction if the ass end breaks loose.

i would agree... In my track car there are 3 levels of tc, to get the tc to turn completly off you have to hold the tc button for around 20sec without letting up at all, at whiich time the brake light turns yellow... if you simply push the tc button to "turn it off" it is still about 80 active, this is mainly for the weekend warrior i think, they get the light to go out and get to think "they are in control"..... when infact they are still recieving a significant amount of "help"

vipers can be mean.... TONS of torque, that most people are not use to..,