Originally Posted By: dakkon
Originally Posted By: Michael_d
1" steel is complete overkill. You could probably get away with 3/8" AL.

Michael, for a static load with nothing acting on it. There would be no need to even think about upgrading to outriggers.

However, do you know how much inertia a 100lb German shepherd has running as fast as he can? Well, if you do that makes 1 of us, he has made my M60's go flying like a freaking pinball off of a flapper (The M60's sustained no damage luckily)... we have a 60lb female that he likes to play with every evening at about 6pm, in the family room! He spends most of his play time trying to get away from her after he starts he keeps returning for more until they are both worn out. Part of the reason I put the 600's on either side of the 60's was an attempt to protect the 60's. So far, he hasn't been able to knock one of the 600's over (thank goodness).

Over kill, michael, you're the one with a 500hp car brotha grin.....

My sister has a female Weimaraner that is "show quality", I'm guessing maybe she is 55-60 pounds. All muscle. Apparently this morning she chased a deer and caught up to it no problem. The speed and power this animal has is unbelievable. It is scary what she is capable of. Such a powerful creature.

I like the German Shepherds. Beautiful, powerful, smart dogs.

That's the beauty of doing stuff yourself Dakkon. Over engineer baby, over engineer!

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne