Originally Posted By: stevej
Mine came with the same feet Charles got and I didn't order anything different. The only thing I ordered extra was the center channel with the DSP.
I have mine set up and like Charles the axiom logo on one speaker came off. No big deal. Will glue it back on. I am running mine with an Emotiva XPA-5. I know there have been some concerns about the Emotivas with the 4 ohm speakers. I ordered it early enough to try it with my M80s. I cranked them up to 110 db with my SPL and left the room and let them run for about an hour. No problems with the amp.
So I have the LFRs hookep up and ran Audyssey on the Onkyo. I am running the LFRs and the VP180 with the XPA-5 and the 4 QS8s with the Onkyo.
I really like the LFRs. In my opinion there is an improvement when running in 7.1 but the real improvement is in 2 channel stereo. These speakers are amazing in stereo. I am still playing around and listening to them and I am not really good at putting my opinions in words, but will be glad to answer any questions anyone may have. If I don't answer right away it is because I am in the basement listening to these great speakers.
I also moved my M80s upstairs to the living room and my wife loves them over the M22s. So we both win.

Like I said, they sound great in stereo and I have been listening for a while with just the LFRs. Not even using the EP500. The sound is really amazing including the bass. So if anyone has been thinking about these speakers for just stereo I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

Going to go listen some more.

that's great news stevej! the emotiva amp thing was from a very long time ago and it was not with the XPA-5. i too have an XPA-5 and run a pair of M80v3, a pair of QS8v3 & a VP180v3 and it never even gets hot; just warm is all. amp wise your good to go using the XPA-5 for your LFR's.

when you get a chance could you throw a couple of pictures of the LFR setup. and i'd love to hear (pun intended) some more about your thoughts after you have gotten some more listening time in.

what types of music are you listening too? what medium (SACD/DSD, DVD-a, HI-REZ FLAC, CD) also, what are you playing said medium with (an oppo or what) and lastly, what pre-amp are you using?

thanks a lot buddy, enjoy your new speakers and their gear. also are you using RCA OR XLR interconnects?

thanks for your time!

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93