I checked out the Paderno. Not too sure about the handles. Are they comfortable enough??

My obsession with rivets (not) may have to be put aside. Welded handles appears to be a bit of a novelty feature that not very many offer. I'm also wondering just how robust the welds are too. They look like they are spot welded. They definately are not welded with filler metal.

I know I'd prefer an edge for pouring, more so than no rivets. We tend to cook larger portions when we do cook, so we have a few left over's during the week. We don't have much time in the evenings, so we usually just cook on the weekends. After buying a pot with a rolled edge for pouring, I now know that is an important feature.

I'm deliberating between the Mauviel M'cook S/S line and the Demeyere Industry 5 line that Sur la Table sells. I was about ready to buy Sur la Table's one line of SS cookware but they don't have rolled edges.
I'm also thinking I probably do not want shiny SS. I'm betting it's hard to keep clean and scratches easier than a brushed SS would.

I have some non-stick pans, but after using SS, I prefer it over non-stick. It's probably just how I cook (mostly wrong), but it seams to me that SS sears meat better.

If taste were the only consideration, I'd stick with good ol' cast iron. I love the way food tastes cooked in cast iron, but I just don't have the patience to deal with it. I've tried and tried, but it's a pain to clean and store. And it's heavy as hell.

What a PITA this is.... I spend less time picking out AV gear than this.