OK If you ever played D&D, video games, your a film, TV or music buff or just generally grew up in the 80s, YOU HAVE TO READ Ready Player One by Earnest Cline.

If you haven't discovered it yet, it's about the near future where the entire world spends much of their time on the next evolution of the Internet. A 3D virtual universe called Oasis where people game but also go to school, conduct commerce, etc.

The eccentric, billionaire creator dies and in his will he leaves his entire fortune and control of Oasis to any player who can find his hidden Easter Egg. The entire world becomes obsessed with the hunt and because the creator was obsessed with 80s nostalgia (you can travel to entire planets modeled after everything from Middle Earth to Bladerunner), everything 80s from music, games, movies etc. becomes all the rage again because the clues require that you know absolutely everything about everything 80s. Entire corporations form just to try and win the prize so they can control and monetize Oasis, ie "the badguys".

The story itself is great, the concept is pretty cool and if you are even remotely close to my age in body or spirit, you will be blasted with a lot of fun nostalgia that you probably forgot about.

I haven't had so much simple fun reading a book in a long time.

P.S.
MARK!!!
Did I mention that there is huge battle where somebody in the virtual universe gains the ability to turn into a skyscraper tall Ultraman!!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.